Friday, February 20, 2009

Jaks

Got to Jumpin' Jaks last night for the first time since the opening night, and reminded myself just why Thursdays are unmissable. Lots of space even though there were loads of people there, and most of the best dancers in Cardiff: I danced almost non-stop until a quarter to twelve. It's a shame about the floor, though - it's not the worst floor I've danced on (that would be La Tentation in Brussels - it took my knee months to recover from that) but it's pretty iffy. It's worth moving around as some parts of the floor are fine.

Fortunately my pattern of work over the next few weeks means I should be able to get out most Thursdays.

BTW I'm back in Brussels in June. I'm hoping to get to the You Club on the Sunday afternoon, but I'm also planning to check out the Saturday night scene in Matonge (the Congolese district) so it might be too ambitious to try and get to both.

No comments: