Thursday, February 05, 2009

Barocco and La Tasca

Changes to Barocco: all the classes on a Tuesday will now be taught by Sabina. See the listing (Cardiff salsa nights and classes) for details.

Misael is teaching at La Tasca on Wednesdays and Cwmbran Thursdays. I got to La Tasca late last night - working late, feeling frazzled - but joined in the last half hour of the class and learnt a new move. Even though it's supposed to be an improvers' class I found it useful, and there are some nice dancers there. (I was very surprised to see Charlotte in the class until I realised she was there as a leader.) I do feel sorry for some of the guys there who really get confused trying to work out which direction to go in: I remember getting just as confused as them in my first few months. It's just a matter of keeping at it until it makes sense, which it eventually will. And Misael includes plenty of revision, going over moves from previous weeks.

After the class it was a couple of ruedas (one of which I called, messily) and half a dozen dances and all was right with the world again.

No comments: