Monday, February 23, 2009

Age cannot wither us (but reggaeton can)

I did four hours taxi dancing for the Salsathon on Sunday. It seemed to be going very well even though numbers were down on last year. I was completely knackered having got carried away with the reggaeton in La Tasca (and it's amazing how many of the salsathoners were there) but I eventually got into the swing of it. Some lovely dancers there on Sunday, and some nice ruedas, though I must say my dancing wasn't that inspired.

I'm afraid I'm developing a bit of a taste for reggaeton, which is probably unwise at my age for reasons both aesthetic and medical. At least with salsa age doesn't seem to be too much of a bar - in fact, I was encouraged a few years ago by a tall, pretty German friend who was trying to decide which salsa night to go to and stated very firmly "I don't vont to dance with any young men".

No comments: