Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Salsa Bangor

My work involves travelling around Wales a fair bit, so I'm always on the lookout for a salsa event nearby. A couple of years ago I had a good time at a couple of nights in Bangor. There's a site now (see link above), which I assume is run by the same people.

If anyone knows of any other regular salsa nights in other bits of Wales I'd be interested to know, and I'll list them here.

Just noticed that there's yet another event on Saturday night - Stevie is running a reggaeton night at Fiesta Havana. I don't mind reggaeton later on at La Tasca when nobody's watching and I've danced away my inhibitions, but a whole night of it is a bit too much for me. I was assured the other night that I'm not too old for it (I hope she wasn't just being kind).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not strictly Reggaeton tom! In fact there will be a few Salsa tracks played for sure especially as Lubi is a Fania sponsored DJ but it would have been unfair to advertise the event as a Salsa event. Generally it will be Urban Latin Music with all that, that entails!