Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lots of salsa

Loads of stuff coming up this week. Kate's rueda workshop starts in Tiger Tiger on Wednesday night; Thursday is Risa; on Friday Irene has a night at Pontyclun Rugby Club; Saturday there's a choice of Descarga Cubana in Newport, the Claverton Rooms in Bath, or La Tasca.

I went to O'Neills on Monday for the first time in ages, and had a good time. Actually I don't think John played a duff track, though as usual the mood is mellower than Andy's venues. Nice to be somewhere with good airconditioning and a non-sticky floor (though parts of the floor were actually a bit too well-polished).

Spanish evening class meant that I got to Risa too late to join in Andy's class. As Kate's class was short of men I joined in there. I could actually hear that Kate's feet were sticking to the floor. They really must get their cleaning sorted out.

It's quite useful dancing with improvers as it certainly makes you think about the lead. It also helps you to identify who's going to be good to dance with in the future: one girl in particular stood out as a really good, light follower and I'll be asking her for a dance in the free dancing the next time I see her.

The free dancing was fun but really hot again. As I was leaving - at just after half eleven - Lee and Kevin were arriving, having just been to tango class. Kevin said it was really useful for the lead (though from what women have said to me I'm surprised that his lead needs any improvement).

No comments: