Friday, October 20, 2006

Oh well

I really was intending to start back on Spanish this year - I even went last week. When it came to it last night I just couldn't face sitting in a classroom for two hours after a day at work. Particularly as it's on a Thursday this year. I'm going to have to find another answer, maybe a combination of private lessons and a language exchange.

It was definitely the right decision. Despite the heat I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson in Bar Risa: the 'leading without touching' exercise was very entertaining and the last move of the night was a cracker. Even better, we all went downstairs for the free dancing which made so much difference: working air conditioning and a great atmosphere. I hope free dancing downstairs is going to be a regular thing now. Last night a few good dancers also came back after the summer, so I had some really good dances despite the sticky floor.

I'm not at Pontyclun tonight as you may have gathered: I decided three nights in a run is too much. Definitely planning to go to Burleigh Hall tomorrow, and then head on to La Tasca. I heard today that some people are planning to go from Burleigh Hall to Bath, which sounds a bit excessive - when I emailed the venue they said the band will be playing till midnight.

No comments: