Friday, November 25, 2005

Dodgy week

Last posting I thought I was getting somwehere, so it was frustrating to go backwards again. I went down with a cold which meant missing out on dancing for the entire week. I finally got to G2 in Birmingham on Sunday night, but there was a grand total of four women there. Last year I went and it was pretty busy; this year it was virtually empty and I wished I was at the Wharf. (You don't get many people at the Wharf but two or three of my favouriate dancers are almost always there). I gather G2 isn't usually as quiet. I didn't do the class because they don't do intermediate any more, though I watched it and it looked useful: Michael is an enviably smooth and elegant dancer. It's friendly and inclusive there: both Michael and Maxine dance with the punters. I did have a couple of good dances.

I was staying in Coventry the rest of the week and the plan was to go to Bar Risa in Birmingham on Tuesday night, but when it came down to it, it was too cold and too far to travel. I had a contingency plan (dancing in Coventry) but the teacher's number was unobtainable so I didn't risk it.

Good to be back in Cardiff last night: I hate missing the Toad, though for the first hour or so I was really ropey. I knew what I was doing wrong but didn't seem to be able to correct it. I was seriously hamfisted until about half eleven (sorry Sarah!) but then started to get into it and had some good dances. Can't get out this weekend, so I'll have to make sure I do Monday and Thursday.

No comments: