Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Back to basics

I went along to Andy and Lucy's 'Improvers to Intermediate' workshop on Saturday to make up the number of men (along with honorary men Irene and Christalla). The venue was excellent - really good floor, mirrors on two walls, and very effective air conditioning. And while I think I made the transition from improvers to intermediate about three years ago, it's surprisingly useful to go back to basics and focus on the correct way of doing moves I normally do without thinking. Looking forward to the Advanced workshop this Saturday.

The Toad was good last week as well: I think the standard is definitely improving, and there was loads of good people to dance with. And that's even after arriving too late to dance with Christina and leaving too early to dance with Sofia. Most inspiring dance of the evening was with Lee: she has a fascinating way of working with the rhythm.

Sunday was fun at the Wharf, though the intermediate class (which I didn't join) looked a bit overcrowded since the previous day's workshop had got quite a few improvers deciding to try moving up. One of my favourite Cardiff dancers has been watching from the sidelines on Sundays since being sidelined with back problems. Fortunately she seems to be on the mend, so let's hope she'll be back in action soon. Most exhilarating dance was with Laura to a very fast track. I was momentarily disconcerted by hearing applause at the end until I realised it was for Andy and Lucy!

Went to O'Neills last night for the first time in weeks - busiest I've seen it for a long time. Music was better than usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya,

thats such a nice compliment thank you! i hope i'll be back soon, but probably not properly til the New year, have to take ot very slow!

i look forward to dancing with u again and trying out some of those flashy moves!