Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Running on empty

Knackered again, and thanks to the late train I didn't manage to get to see Lady Salsa after the bachata workshop last night. Hope it was good.

Having missed a couple of nights salsa I went out on Tuesday last week. I thought I'd try learning some Cuban stuff at the Great Western but the class seemed to be just for beginners, so I thought I'd try Cuba instead. On the way I passed Zync which didn't look too enticing (the music, both times I went past, was either Brazilian or reggaeton). Cuba, though, was much more civilised than it was the previous time I went. Not nearly as many dodgy drunks, and not too crowded (though still a bit smoky). There were only a handful of good dancers there, though.

I hear Brean Sands was good this year, with a better balance of men and women. Texted one dancer who replied that she wasn't going to be at O'Neills because she hadn't got to bed until 6am (wimp...) A bit frustrating not being able to go - next year I'm going to have to be more ruthless about making sure that salsa takes priority! I had to miss the Wharf on Sunday due to a demanding day in work on Monday. I went to O'Neills with no great expectations but had a surprisingly good time: John's got some new music which was interesting (interesting in a good way, not just wierd and cheesy) and I had several enjoyable dances. But I could have done without Peter telling me that I'd obviously been to Pontins, because I looked so knackered...

No comments: