Friday, October 10, 2008

Three weeks

I think three weeks is how long it took for me to start feeling like my old dancing self again after the holiday break: I finally started getting a bit of subtlety and spontaneity back in the last couple of dances last night. Enviably, Lee - who hasn't been dancing for about two years - didn't seem to have forgotten anything: it was a real pleasure to dance with her again.

Kate's birthday and Sarah's leaving were celebrated in the usual way, and Kate called a large rueda before starting on the birthday drinks. Not that many people there, but I did have a really good time. I was pleased to see that Margot was back, and Vania was on great form - she complained that her feet were killing her after being out every night, but she was a bundle of fun and hugely entertaining to dance with.

No comments: