Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Two nights running

Sunday afternoon was a bit more strenuous than I expected - I broke a gear cable climbing out of Llancarfan halfway round my two hour circuit and had to ride home with just two high gears, and there's no flat route back to Penarth.

So I was a bit knackered in the Wharf. There was a distinct shortage of women, and there would have been even fewer if the class hadn't included some people who were really only improvers. It was a nice sequence but I didn't really get it, as Rachel discovered when I tried to inflict it on her the following night.

Lisa turning up for the free dancing was a pleasant surprise (as ever, looking stylish without letting the styling get in the way, though she was claiming to be out of practice).

I even made it out to O'Neills last night. John's music has definitely taken a turn for the better. Nice to dance with Kathrin again (I wondered if she'd stopped coming as I hadn't seen her for a few months). Rachel turned up pretty late, so I stayed a fair bit later than I'd planned and limped home very sweaty and tired with a sore toe and neck (double spins probably weren't a good idea a week after that Audi ran into me).

I'm not the only one who's a bit concerned about the Toad's refurbishment as Que Pasa. Andy's had to revise the class schedule as there are only two dance floors now (see the link to 'Cardiff salsa nights and classes' on the right for details.)

I've also added a new link on the right to details of Nathalie's classes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi tom,

thank you again for your lovely compliments! im amazed you amde it out after the tiring day you had!
it was lovely to dance with you too and 3 guys tried the move on me, including Andy, and i couldn't folow one of them, it seemed too choreographed.

i wont be at the toad tomorrow night as im not very well at the mo, i wasnt over the weekend and pushed myslef on sunday night which was a silly idea but never mind...hopefully pilates tonight will sort my back out!

there are more posts on salsacity as i have been getting confused..the intermediate class doesnt start til 9.20pm and i was saying that perhaps people dhould be informed to save them arriving for 8.30pm?

anyhow, have a great time and see you soon

Lisa