Monday, February 27, 2006

Tired, hungover....

La Tasca didn't happen for me: a combination of hangover and post-migraine dopiness meant that I went to bed at half eight and slept for ten hours. I gather there weren't many dancers there.

Sunday night's TV highlight was a Steven Poliakoff drama starring Bill Nighy, so that was two very good reasons to go to the Wharf. Glad I went: plenty of good people in the class (eg Rachel, Lisa, Anne) and a cracking stylish sequence that was just the right length. The body roll early on caused a bit of eye-rolling from a few of the women but everyone seemed happy by the end. And dancing with Lucy later I remembered how to lead the move from Andy's advanced workshop that I'd forgotten (isn't it odd how that happens?)

In London for work on Monday. If I'd had any sense I would have gone to Super Mario and Susana Montero's class in Charing Cross Road, but I'd already signed up for a meal with the people I'd spent the day with. I assumed that I'd sleep better after that than a night's dancing. Bad move: a quiet Italian meal led to a seriously late night, and I'm not going to Bristol tonight because I need to catch up on some sleep. So that's two nights' salsa I've missed out on. You'd think I'd have worked out by now that given the choice between dancing and an alternative way of spending an evening, dancing is almost always the best option...

No comments: