Friday, October 14, 2005

Feet and other things

Someone was asking over on SalsaCardiff the other day whether there were enough men to go round at the Toad. Last night, the answer was definitely yes: it was a good night for the girls.

One consolation when the summer holidays end is the return of dancers who've been away for a while. Last week the welcome returners were Harriet and the excellent Frenchwoman whose name I haven't found out yet (must ask her the next time I dance with her). This week it was Deborah, and Kevin, who's been away with the circus.

It was really nice to dance with Deborah again: she has a nice light style of following and a flowing way of dancing, and certainly by the second dance it was hard to believe she'd been off the dancefloor for six months.

I recommended Kevin to a couple of women who were new on the scene, though I don't think either of them got round to dancing with him - he was in demand, as were most of the better dancers.

Best news from my point of view was that a £5 appointment at UWIC's School of Podiatry seems to have stopped my arthritic toe joint interfering with my dancing. An absolute bargain: if any of you are having trouble with your feet it's well worth getting them looked at there.

No comments: