Friday, October 28, 2005

The best laid plans...

Last week I intended to do plenty of dancing but it didn't quite go according to plan. After skating in the Wharf on the Sunday I thought I'd try the Toad on a Wednesday, but the only dancers there were Than on the decks and a disconsolate male dancer from the Thursday improvers' class. Couldn't do Thursday, so I thought "no problem, I'll go to La Cachaçaria on Friday". Which would have worked if my intended 8pm power nap hadn't continued until 2.30 am : (

This week there was the Wharf - still a bit slippery, but on the positive side a very good dancer asked me to partner her for the upcoming Advanced workshop (you have to book in couples) which was flattering. And then on Wednesday I was in London and managed to hook up with Abby for a night's salsa in Bar Cuba on Kensington High Street. The club was OK - friendly, non-cliquey, adequate teaching - but the sound system was appalling (ear-damagingly loud) and there weren't that many good dancers there. But it was great to dance with Abby again - I think she's got even better than she used to be - and I'm hoping to organise a repeat in January.

Last night was supposed to be the Toad but thanks to Great Western I didn't get back to Cardiff in time. Might get to La Cachaçaria tonight to inflict my flashy new London move on whoever's there...

No comments: