Sunday, July 03, 2005

Leading ladies

Yes, PS, in answer to your question in another place I did manage to get to the Toad on Thursday. Highlight was Tammi leading Lucy while dancing to her (Tammi's) single, which got me thinking - if the question about 'who are the best dancers' actually asked 'who are the top ten leads', they wouldn't all be men. The last time I danced with her she told me that men have started asking her to lead them. (Might ask her myself sometime - the few times I've tried following it was a revelation because it didn't feel anything like I imagined.)

Other women who lead well are Natalie (who I once saw leading a very drunk ********* more successfully than I had managed), and of course Kate James, who I saw once doing leading Irene in some of the smoothest and most elegant Cuban dancing I've seen in Cardiff.

No comments: