Friday, September 19, 2008

Migraine again

Damn. First night in Risa for four weeks and the migraine hit before I'd even had one dance. Second one in three weeks - I think it might be due to my nice new road bike encouraging me to cycle a lot harder than usual. The first one came when I followed two hot hours of cycling up long French hills by jumping into a cold swimming pool - I doubt if that's going to get my much sympathy ;)

Migraines mess up my dancing for several days so I'm not going to get to Irene and Shahid's party night at Pure on Saturday. They have Helena and Nicolai as guest teachers. I've been to a few of their classes (including at their home base in Leeds). They teach some great moves and, unlike some dancing partnerships, you get the woman's perspective articulately expressed. My only criticism would be that their sequences are usually a bit too long - but it's well worth going.

No comments: