Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Getting my lead back

Well, my lead's gradually returning after my salsa-free fortnight in France. It's very frustrating how little time it takes to lose it. I'm OK on most moves, but I have a few moves that rely on the lead being spot on in terms of timing and impetus, and at the moment they just don't work:(

Heavy week at the moment. I nearly didn't go out last night but I went to O'Neills as it was going to be my last opportunity for a few days. I was very glad I did: I had a really nice, relaxed Cuban-style dance with a woman who I've been dancing CBL style with for years, and then Misael called a couple of ruedas that were huge fun (and that I didn't mess up completely). Went home smiling.

This weekend it's Billy Cobham and Asere in St David's Hall (yes, there is space to dance) and competing with it there's the Claverton Rooms in Bath.

No comments: