Friday, September 26, 2008

Back in business

Risa was really busy last night - everyone seems to be back. First dance with Patricia for what seems like months, which was great.

Stellan said he was going to bring loads of people from Bristol and he certainly did, including Lisa who I haven't danced with for ages. Inexplicably I didn't get round to dancing with her, but I did dance with her lovely mum Jane who I hadn't danced with for even longer.

Great music, particularly later on with Stevie playing extended Latin jazz tracks. Trouble was I was running out of steam by then - I was tired (I'd stayed an hour later than planned) and my legs didn't want to co-operate after some fast cycling earlier in the day. I'd had a long ride in to work on my nice new road bike and on the way home I'd passed a guy on a mountain bike who'd decided to treat it as a challenge. Yes, he was half my age and riding slicks (fast smooth tyres) but it would still have been embarrassing if I'd let him past.

Probably won't be out much next week for work reasons but the week after I'm intending to keep Friday free so I can stay late and have a lie in.

No comments: