Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wow

That was such fun last night!

I'd been feeling like s*** all day, having not slept well, but I was walking on air when we left Bar Cuba. I'd finally managed to get Sarah to come dancing for the first time in about six months. Apart from one dance with Sara, I danced with Sarah all night, and instead of just repeating stuff it got better and better.

I was expecting it to be fun but it was something else: by about the third dance I was doing stuff I'd forgotten I could do, and we had the kind of effortless connection which lets you just play and improvise: making the moves very small, make the lead very light, slow right down then speed up, try out subtle and adventurous stuff including things I wouldn't even try with anyone else. Magic. Hope I don't have to wait another six months before she comes out again...

No comments: