Sunday, February 11, 2007

Not quite as planned

Definitely suffering from sleep deficit last week. I thought I'd get an hour's nap before Risa and woke up two and a half hours later :(

I went to Irene's event at the Electricity Club on Friday. I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people were there considering the weather. There were some good dancers in the classes, including some from over the bridge.

Nicolai's classes had some really nice moves, but I wish he'd teach shorter sequences. I'll definitely use some of what he taught but I've already forgotten some of the good stuff. I can imagine absolute beginners - of whom there were a few - being completely intimidated by his beginners/improvers class.

Other good stuff included a floor show from the Constantinou girls and a nice buffet (the dolmades were great - can I have the recipe?). The music was good but the pace was a bit relentless: it would have been nice to slow it down a bit now and then as it was pretty hot. It was a relief when he played some bachata tracks towards the end.

No comments: