Sunday, May 21, 2006

Henry Viña at the Gate

First time I'd been at the Gate and I thought it was a cracking venue: an excellent new wooden floor in a converted church (bit hot, though). I went with Sarah and we got there around 8 to find the second class had already started. Apparently there were only two levels - beginners and improvers/intermediate, so the standard in the class was variable to say the least. But I'd definitely go to another of his classes, as I thought his teaching was very clear. He teaches regularly over in Fiesta Havana.

Shame about the lack of publicity, though that did mean there was plenty of space on the dancefloor. There were only a dozen or so experienced dancers there. The music was good, and I spent most of the evening dancing with Sarah so I was happy. I hope they'll organise another event like this soon.

The plan was to head on to La Tasca afterwards, but after refuelling at a takeaway on City Road and realising how tired we were that seemed less attractive, so I was home by midnight.

BTW Andy's running Saturday workshops all through June - the details aren't up on his website yet, but I assume they will be soon.

No comments: