Monday, April 10, 2006

Hooray

I said things were looking up on the salsa front, and now my favourite dance partner's back on the scene. I danced with her at the Wharf on Sunday for the first time for months. She's a demon spinner with a sense of humour (which she needs for some of those experimental moves I try out on her).

Unfortunately she couldn't make Fiesta Havana last night. I'm afraid that once again I found Nicolai and Helena's class a bit frustrating: they teach really good moves, and they're nice people and great dancers, but the sequences are too long. When you're learning unusual new leads you really need more repetition.

I did have fun in the free dancing, though if I hadn't gone with Lisa I'd only have had two or three good dances - the standard wasn't that high. Maybe it was because of people being away for Easter. It was pretty friendly though. Good music and good atmosphere, and it was nice dancing with women who didn't already know all my moves.

No comments: