Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Smoke

It's worth getting to La Tasca early. First dance: Laura, Mi Cariñito, and an empty dance floor, which is a great start to any evening. We even got a round of applause from a table of non-dancing diners (undeserved in my case): second time that's happened to me there while dancing with her. Later on when it filled up I had another dance with her: she definitely gets the prize for being easiest to dance with in a confined space.

There were some other really good dancers there: I really enjoyed dancing with you, Lisa - shame it was the last chance for a few weeks. I didn't stay much beyond one, though: I wasn't dancing at my best and the level of smoke - and dodging the drunks - was getting to me. I'm really looking forward to the smoke-free Claverton Rooms on Saturday (get your tickets quick if you haven't already - there's quite a few going from Cardiff).

First time that I've managed to get to the Wharf after a late night in La Tasca: good music as ever, useful class, first dance with Sue this year, but I was dancing like a gonk. I need more practice!

I'm looking forward to Andy's next advanced workshop, which he's apparently planning for the end of February.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you Tom, i enjoyed dancing with you too!

i havent danced for 3 days and i miss it so much! but saying that my back is really playing up again so im hoping it will hold out for blackpool at least! unfortunately if it carries on like this i wont be out dancing for quite a while!

but if andy is planning advcanced workshops i need to get fit so maybe it would be best to rest up and not push it too far!

glad u enjoyed the wharf aswell. cu soon
lisa

Tom said...

Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you manage to get to Blackpool. I'd like to go myself but I've got a major deadine on the Monday : (