Friday, September 16, 2005

This week

I've missed the Wharf for a couple of weeks because of work, which isn't doing my dancing any good. Won't be there this Sunday either : (

O'Neills was pretty thin on the ground on Monday, which is a shame as Phil Heath was standing in for John which meant good music.

And it took me ages to get going in the Toad last night - a couple of people I danced with said the same thing. I think it's partly because it was crowded early on, and partly because the music was a bit odd. I finally started getting in the groove with a nice dynamic dancer whose name I don't know (and must find out - I tend not to ask young women's names the first time I dance with them in case they think I'm on the pull, and then somehow never get round to asking).

I noticed a small blonde woman with short hair who looked like a good dancer and though "must ask her for a dance later" - but then she asked me for one and I realised it was Carys. She was looking great but she was having to introduce herself to all the people she knew because nobody recognised her. A couple of dances with her and I really started enjoying myself: let's hope she starts coming regularly again.

No comments: