Monday, September 26, 2005

Fun

I shouldn't go on about how much I enjoy the Wharf in case you all start going and we end up with a scrum like the Toad, but here goes.

I nearly didn't go last night as I thought everyone would be away at the Congress, but it was still worth the trip. Even though I was only there for an hour I was on my feet almost continuously. There weren't that many people there, but they were pretty much all people I like dancing with. Good to see Sarah back on the scene: Paul G-S, there for the first time, asked me who she was and commented on how good she was. Good music, good dancers and plenty of space - a great way to end the weekend or start the week, depending on how you look at it.

Last night there was the added thrill of trying to ensure that neither me nor my partner ended up on our arses: the floor was like a skating rink, which did cramp my style a bit. I think someone needs to get the management to change the polish they're using...

Added bonus: even though the Wharf isn't a non-smoking pub the dance area is non-smoking so I didn't go away smelling like an ashtray.

No comments: