Friday, November 05, 2004

Toadtime

Nigel Maye is teaching at the Toad for the next three weeks while Andy is in Brazil. I did his class last night which was great: entertaining but practical with some really interesting moves.

The free dancing was dodgy, though. Last week I hardly stopped dancing. This week, even though more of my favourite dancers were there, there were also far too many careless idiots and drunk muggles.

At one point Charlotte and I found what we thought was the only possible available space; after half a minute Billy No-Rhythm and his current squeeze appeared next to us. Not a welcome sight, particularly as I was winded by a flailing elbow the last time I danced near them.

I expect beginners to be a bit unaware of dancefloor etiquette, but there are far too many careless dancers around who have been dancing long enough to know better. Even in O'Neills, where there's normally enough space for everybody, I ended up having to take avoiding action twice on Monday (for the same couple, who seem to think everyone wants to watch them strutting around the dancefloor).

End of rant...

No comments: