Friday, November 26, 2004

Loosening up

Nearly didn't get there last night after spending all week travelling around England with work. Apart from being tired, the other thing that nearly sabotaged it was free access to a fitness suite in one of the hotels: I joined in a boxercise class under the impression it was going to be something like aerobics (and jumping around to music can't be that hard, can it?), but it was high-speed circuit training to techno music led by a woman with a six-pack. Fortunately by last night the stiffness was on its way out.

I got my second wind big time when I got to the Toad. It was a really nice night, the opposite of La Tasca last week (and different to what the Toad's usually like): not too many people there but most of them were people you'd want to dance with. Delighted to see that amusing and talented ***, who I've danced with in O'Neills, can now make it on Thursdays; and I had a nice dance with the amazingly precise dancer whose name I haven't found out yet. Apart from a couple of abrasive tracks the music was good too, nicely varied and quite relaxed. A couple of cumbia tracks: amazingly at least a third of the people on the floor were actually dancing cumbia to it...

No comments: