Tuesday, October 26, 2004

More visions

Couldn't work out why I was dancing so badly at O'Neills last night. I couldn't seem to get precise timing into my lead. I managed the odd flashy move and a bit of subtlety when I got to dance with the amusing and talented *** (no, I'm not going to put her name here or you'll all be wanting to dance with her) but nothing really flowed.

All was revealed on the next dance when the flashing lights started in mid-dance. I've never had a migraine attack start while I was dancing before. Nothing for it but to go and wait in the car for the scintillating scotoma to go away.

Pre-migraine signs? Thirsty and a bit spaced out, plus the poor lead. I know aphasia (can't get the words out right) often comes before an attack for some people: I once had an attack that was prefigured by my touch-typing going haywire, though I could still speak OK. I suppose the word for dodgy dancing would be aterpsichorea?

No comments: