Friday, January 09, 2009

Jumpin Jaks

Debbie and I were first on the floor for the free dancing after the lessons in Andy's new venue.

It was a good night all told - Kate led a series of cracking ruedas, best I've danced for a while (and I managed not to get too confused by the difference her calls and Misael and Sabina's). Even though not everybody knew all the moves there were no duffers there and everyone was dancing on time :)

I was relieved to find myself dancing much better than I was managing in Risa before Christmas - I've got some subtlety back into my lead. Some particularly nice dances, particularly one with Jo (Paul G-S's wife) who hadn't been out for a while.

Impressions on the venue: it's big but doesn't feel too big, and even though the fake American/Wild West decor is a bit cheesy it makes for a nice ambience (better than Risa). The floor is ropy, acceptable but not great in parts. (The stage looks smoother but I couldn't persuade anybody to get up there). The lighting is mellow but bright enough to see by. Everybody seems to like the atmosphere and the bar staff are friendly. Thumbs up in general.

No comments: