Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year

La Tasca was fun on Saturday - three dances in a row on an empty floor with Patricia was an excellent start to the dancing year, and then the caffeine kicked in for a very dynamic dance with Vania. I've been doing a lot of Cuban-style lately but those dances reminded me of what's so great about LA-style.

I couldn't stay that late as I was on Dad Taxi duty. My daughter couldn't resist a dance when she turned up with her friends - the atmosphere in La Tasca is like that. Looks like she'll be coming on Wednesday for Sabina's class as well.

One reason I enjoyed it so much is that I've been able to keep the dancing going over Christmas as Andy kept La Tasca running throughout the holiday period. Much appreciated. I went on New Year's Eve before going on elsewhere: a good move, as it meant I didn't start drinking until 1am and avoided a hangover on New Year's Day. But one dancer there must have suffered. I've never danced salsa with anyone that drunk: it felt as if she had rubber arms.

No comments: