Friday, August 22, 2008

Looking up

Well, my friend Stefanja - who learnt her salsa in Madrid - thought her first visit to Risa (and first dancing for a year) was great. The night didn't start too brilliantly: for some reason I find it really hard to focus in the Thursday classes, so I gave up after the first half. But things definitely picked up later on: it was a lot livelier than it has been for a while, and I started getting my second wind around eleven. Some lovely dancers there, including one who hadn't been there for a while and one who's leaving us for three months to look after orang-utans (I hope they can dance).

I've not been feeling that I'm dancing very well lately – I'm missing the Sunday workshops and dancing with Patricia – so it was great that one dancer really liked Sombrero 88 (thanks Misael) and another told me I have a 'lovely lovely' lead : )

Best thing is that it looks as if Risa is on target to meet Andy and Stevie's ambitions for it: for the first time in a while it didn't fizzle out at midnight. There was a good contingent from Bristol there and a few strangers turned up late, so it was still going strong when we left at around quarter past twelve. Looking forward to some sleepless Thursday nights in the autumn.

No comments: