Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friday

Kate's charity salsa party on Friday went very well. It was pretty quiet when I got there but there were plenty of people by the time the free dancing started, including Joanna who's magic to dance with. I wasn't surprised when she told me she learnt from the same teacher as Andy in Oxford. Jukebox, the young hip-hop troupe who were the beneficiaries (the event was aiming to raise money to get them to the world hip-hop championships in Las Vegas) did a very impressive show.

I was in a post-Bruce (Springsteen) daze by the time of Sunday's advanced class, but it was extremely useful. It took me out of my comfort zone (translation: I couldn't do all of it) but I really valued the emphasis on technique, posture and precision. Looks like the workshops won't be running again until the Autumn, so once this series ends I think a private lesson is in order before I forget what I did manage to learn.

I'm giving Kate's class a miss tonight as my knee is still a bit dodgy after Brussels, and I need to make sure it's better for Paris next weekend. I'll give Bar Risa a go for an hour tomorrow night, though.

No comments: