Sunday, February 24, 2008

Salsathon

Just got back from taxi dancing duties at the salsathon. It was touch and go whether I would get there as I went down with a sore throat on Friday. Plenty of Ibuprofen and water kept me going through the event (though my dancing wasn't exactly inspired) but I'm completely wiped out now. The time went remarkably quickly: it was broken up with plenty of lineups and ruedas which helped. A bonus for me was discovering a really funky, stylish dancer who I'd never partnered before (except in rueda).

Most people managed the whole six hours, which ended with a completely mad finale led by Andy. It was very well organised: congratulations to Kate - and, of course, well done to everyone who took part.

I think O'Neills may be a bit quieter than usual tomorrow.

No comments: