Friday, October 12, 2007

Risa

Haven't been to Risa for weeks, largely because I've had important things to do on a Friday for which I've needed a reasonable night's sleep. I musn't leave it so long next time - I had a great time in the hour I spent there. Good music, nice dancers and not too hot. The highlight was a rueda with Kate (who's teaching at Bar Q on Sunday as Andy's away at Congress): a small group who all knew what they were doing, keeping it fast and fairly simple. Also nice to dance with Lucy who I haven't danced with for ages, and bachata with Jorja. My bachata is rubbish, but Jorja is such a stylish dancer that she managed to make it look as if I knew what I was doing.

Andy's got some stylish DancaLatina t-shirts on sale for the poseurs (think I might get one).

For the Swansea crowd, there's a new Friday night (dancing only, no lessons) starting tonight at La Tasca.

No comments: