Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Last night

I was nearly sensible last night: after a day in North Wales and a three hour drive back an early night was tempting. But I dragged myself off to O'Neills and I was glad I did. Lots of nice dances, including the Other Kate who I'm glad to see is becoming a Monday night regular: a couple of years ago she was my favourite Cardiff dancer but she's been off the scene for a while.

For someone who'd been feeling completely wiped out earlier that evening I think I was on pretty good form. Best dance of the evening was with Nathalie, who was on great form and really inspiring. Yes, dancing with someone that good makes me aware of my limitations; but on the other hand it doesn't really matter because she makes even the simple stuff look dynamic and stylish. I decided to make that my last dance of the evening and go home on a high.

This Saturday is another of Tammi's party nights in Llantrisant, this time with Marchant Birch and Davina. More info on her website.

No comments: