Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Great night

Peter told me I looked knackered when I arrived, but that wasn't how I felt. I'd had a feeling it was going to be a good night and I wasn't wrong. Great to dance with Carys early on, for the first time in months. Shame she doesn't come out more often. I had a couple of dances with Sam, who told me that she used to go to the Toad. I never danced with her there, but she's really good fun to dance with.

Highlight of the evening was dancing with with Núria's friend Avríl for the first time. Usually when I dance with somebody new it starts off a bit tentative, but she was dynamic and funky right from the off: a terrific dancer and the most exhilarating dances I've had for a while. So I stayed later than I planned and went to bed still buzzing.

Just noticed it's the first of May today, and my first dance of the night was with June and the last was with Avríl...

Richard Williams has an article about 70s salsa in today's Guardian. Not too keen on his description of modern salsa as "a kind of sexy aerobics for singles", though.

No comments: