Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Instant Karma

Big fun last night. A blissfully smoke-free La Tasca on Saturday had helped to get me back on form (really nice to dance with Lisa again, even if we were wedged precariously into a very tight corner between the edge of the dancefloor and two veteran Cardiff men neither of whom are known for their compact style).

I'm afraid I don't always dance with my fair share of beginners at Risa, but last night at O'Neills I topped up my karma by dancing with several inexperienced dancers. It paid off: I had an inspiring dance with Cardiff's smallest leader which made me move up a gear. She's great: technically superb, fast, lots of style, and best of all she always seems to be enjoying herself.

I also danced with someone new who was a lot of fun and has the right attitude and a lot of potential. I stayed later than usual as I'm not working today (taking my daughter back to college) and finished my night with a very long, very sweaty, and very exhilarating dance to 'Tim Pop con Birdland' with Debbie. Great.

Has anyone else found that they're sleeping better since the smoking ban? I used to put the lack of sleep after a night's dancing down to exercise and the buzz of dancing, but I think actually other people's nicotine had a lot to do with it.

No comments: