Friday, March 23, 2007

Hanner canrif

I'm writing my age in Welsh so that not all of you will know how old I am...

Last night was the first meal at Cibo's for a while that hasn't been accompanied by four or five glasses of Nero D'Avola and a sambucca. I stuck to one glass, which makes it the least alcoholic birthday since I was 15. Well worth it, though, particularly as Sarah came out to play (and it was 'play' by the end of the evening: much hilarity as I tried to think of wackier ways of leading and to work out just how many spins she could do). After she left - unlike me she has to work today - Anita took over. That was fun too, and it was also very illuminating when she started teaching me to follow her lead. I've followed strong leads in the past, but I've never followed a woman with a subtle lead before.

Risa was a great end to my birthday and I left feeling twenty years younger.

No comments: