Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Salsa, salsa, salsa

Three nights running isn't something I make a habit of. Night one was La Tasca. Music was good but a few of regulars weren't there - nice to dance with Louise again though. I was having a bit of an off night: it's infuriating when I find myself dancing really sloppily and can't tighten it up - I think it was down to tiredness and lack of exercise. Fortunately I had the sense to leave before one.

I had a much better time at the Wharf - getting a swim in during the afternoon meant I was a lot more alert, the atmosphere was good and some of my favourite dancers were there. I could only stay for half an hour after the class but still had more fun than in two hours the previous night.

Monday I nearly decided to be sensible but at the last minute I decided sensible is for wimps. More good fun, though I was flagging a bit by the time it got to half ten. I also discovered that my Spanish is getting disgustingly rusty when Vicky decided to practise on me (it didn't help that I'd been speaking Welsh all day).

I'm debating whether to go to Que Pasa on Thursday, but I think on balance I'd rather stick with memories of some of the great nights I had in the Toad in the past. My diary next week is refreshingly empty after a manic couple of weeks, so I might try to make Fiesta Havana next Wednesday (depending on who's teaching).

No comments: