Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Organic Fairtrade Speed

That's what my partner calls the Green and Black's Espresso chocolate which gets me going before a night's dancing. Should have taken some on Sunday as I was definitely unfocused at the Wharf. Nice to encounter a talented new dancer, though 'Solo' is a bit fast for a first dance with anyone.

Talking of which...Andy's pointed out a couple of times that if you want to see who the good dancers are you should see how they dance to a slow track, not a fast one, as fast tracks tend to cover up mistakes. While I enjoy the adrenalin rush of a really fast track with the right partner I'm increasingly finding that I enjoy mid-speed songs, so I hope this means I'm getting better (not just older).

It also means you extend your choice of partners: there are quite a few dancers who can't even keep up with the basic step once the speed goes above 200bpm, but they're lovely to dance with on a slower track. There are also partners who have the opposite problem - they just can't slow down, so you lead a turn to a slow song and they've finished it well before the next beat...

No comments: