Monday, August 22, 2005

Toad, Wharf etc

The Toad was fun last week - or at least it was when i finally warmed up (ten minutes before my daughter rang and asked for a lift home...). Great to dance with Kate again for the first time since she got back from America; and particularly good to have her leading rueda again. (She makes it more dynamic and fun than any other leader I've encountered.) She's going to be running a five-week rueda refresher class in Swansea on Monday nights soon, which I'll try to get to.

Didn't get to Than's new night at La Cachaçaria, unfortunately - hope it went well.

The Wharf was a lot quieter last night than the previous week, when I was impressed by the number of good or very good dancers there. I was glad I went last night anyway - this time I did the lesson (usefully, Andy pointed out where my CBL had got sloppy) and danced with Lucy for the first time for weeks.

Going to miss O'Neills tonight. Might try Zync or Callaghans tomorrow, or alternatively I might save my energy for Angus's class in Bristol Golf Club on Thursday.

No comments: