Monday, August 29, 2005

Good night out

So much for all my plans to get to Zync, Bristol and La Cachaçaria - didn't get to one of them. But I had a good time in the Toad and a really good time in the Wharf last night. I'm going to try and get there regularly in preference to O'Neills: it's a nice relaxed atmosphere, the lesson was really interesting and useful (and Andy was in top comic form). The standard of people in the class was refreshingly good (all the women in the class could do the moves, and apparently most of the men could too). Plenty of space for free dancing - there were only half a dozen women dancing afterwards, but they were all people I like and enjoy dancing with, and I got some really useful feedback on my lead on a couple of moves (thanks Sue!)

(Only problem was the newly polished floor which was a bit like a skating rink - let's hope plenty of people with grubby feet walk across it before next Sunday...)

No comments: