Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Week off

Amazing what a difference a few days off work can make. I had a great time at the Toad last week and I was dancing better as well. There was even a bit of rueda - Manuel, Maria and co - which Abby and I managed to gatecrash (they didn't seem to mind). Abby's last night in Cardiff which was a shame. At one point it was so hot and crowded that we ended up dancing outside by the ramp: I thought it was going to be hard to dance on concrete but it wasn't bad. My former Spanish teacher was there as well though she said she needed 'un otra copa de vino' before dancing.

Had a grilling about salsa this morning - I had to record an interview about my digital story prior to it being broadcast on BBC2W. I thought it was going to take 20 minutes as the intro piece is going to be edited down to 30-40 seconds, but the interview went on for nearly an hour. Interesting questions, including "what's it like dancing salsa?", "how do you choose who to dance with?" and "how do you learn to lead?" - none of which are easy to answer succinctly!

No comments: