Monday, May 16, 2005

La Tasca

Went to La Tasca on Saturday night for the first time in ages. Salsa has moved downstairs, which means more space and less heat; but I think there must be some variation on Parkinson's Law stating that the number of drunk muggles expands to fill the space available...

It's a latin night, not a pure salsa night. Andy plays a variety of latin music including merengue, bachata and lambada, but it's all good stuff. There's a live percussionist as well. I got there around half eleven and started enjoying myself a bit after midnight. Not that many salsa dancers there, but enough for me to have a few nice dances in the limited space available. There was more space (but fewer dancers) later on. Well worth going again soon. Not next Saturday, though: I'll be giving town a wide berth for the Cup Final.

No comments: