Friday, January 28, 2005

Not worthy...

Filling in a tax return isn't the best preparation for a night's dancing; but I was out early last night. I was determined to actually get there in time for Andy's class last night, having seen the tail end of a class with some really interesting moves the previous week.

Not really wide awake in the class, which was a shame as it some really useful stuff in it. But in the free dancing I got to dance twice with H******: ) What a remarkably poised, precise and controlled dancer she is. I gather she learnt salsa from the same teacher as Andy, which figures. The dancefloor was crowded and chaotic, but she made it easy to dance in a cramped spot by the wall: I could predict exactly where she would go when I led a move. Only problem is dancing with someone as good as that makes me very aware of my own limitations.

Had a major deadline to meet today which meant I didn't manage to stay beyond 11 - I even missed out on dancing with Charlotte. Frustrating, but I knew if I stayed beyond half eleven I'd get my second wind, stay til half twelve, and then be unable to sleep. Has anyone worked out an efficient way of winding down after a night's salsa?

No comments: