Friday, August 13, 2004

El Sapo

(The Toad)

Just practising my Spanish - off to Andalucia for a couple of weeks. Slightly anxious about being out of reach of my regular salsa fix up in the mountains, but last night was a great way of topping up my salsa batteries. Seems like the Toad is really taking off again: loads of people there and it was still going strong when I left at 12.45, rather than winding down at midnight which had been doing. (Means that Fridays in work are going to be even less productive than usual when I get back!)

Really good to see some people who hadn't been there for a while, particularly Anna (emerging from months of PhD-imposed purdah and dancing like she'd never been away) and Lee. Enough people for a nice fast rueda later on. Hope we might have the nucleus of a decent la rueda group if Jordy and Sofia are going to join in regularly as well.

No comments: