Friday, July 09, 2004

...why men don't dance

I don't turn people down for dances, or at least hardly ever and even then only for reasons unconnected with their dancing ability or attractiveness (eg being totally knackered or already having put my non-dancing shoes on prior to leaving): apart from the fact that I know what it feels like to be turned down, it's also flattering to be asked, whatever the standard of the person who's asking.

But, out of the really good dancers, who I _ask_ to dance depends what kind of night I'm having. If I know that a woman has a really strong sense of rhythm and individual style that I can really get into when I'm on form, I'd prefer not to dance with her at all when I'm not on form.

I suspect that quite a few men feel the same, so if you spend large parts of the evening with nobody asking you to dance, it might just be that we know you're too good for us!

No comments: