Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fight

Couldn't make Misael's thing last Friday as I was going down with a cold. Was there really a fight, as Anna comments on my previous post?

Update: Apparently there was. I wonder who the other person ("a teacher from outside Wales") was?

Update: 'Anonymous' in the comments gives an explanation - thanks.

Update: a second 'Anonymous' gives an alternative explanation, which is uncannily close to the explanation guessed at by someone who hadn't seen the incident...

Update - we've actually got a comment from someone who saw the incident - thanks!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Yes it would seem there was a fight:
http://www.salsacity.com/forum/forum6-topic2354-page1

Mark said...

The other teachers at the party were Janet Torres and Alain Hernandez, but they weren’t involved in the fight, which was between Misael and one of the dancers (whom I don't know - not seen him previously).

Anonymous said...

It was Ulises the teacher from Cheltenham.
Apparently he was pushing a girl around and Misael put a stop to it!

Anonymous said...

Actually, what I have heard from people was that Ulises didn't like the way Misael was dancing so close to his girlfriend and so went to persuade her to stop dancing with him, which Misael didn't like and he punched Ulises!

Salsa Dancer said...

I seem to have been the only one on this thread to have seen the incident, and feel I should put the record straight as all of this untrue speculation isn't fair to either Misael or to the other guy involved.

As I said, I saw what happened. The other guy (Ulices?) tried to pull the girl who was dancing with Misael away from Misael. So Misael punched him. And the other guy (Ulices?) then went to punch him back. Then suddenly lots of guys got involved, pulling the two of them apart. The other guy left pretty quickly.

I’m not blaming either Misael or the other guy as it always takes two. But I don’t like to see one side blamed by the “online massive” or by here-say. I saw it and believe me they are both equally to blame.