Monday, January 25, 2010

Cardiff salsa wishlist

What I'd like to see on the Cardiff salsa scene:

Andy - please have another go at running advanced workshops like the ones in Fahrenheit the year before last. Not performance workshops and routines, but classes that focus on a single aspect of partner dancing and perfecting the lead. My dancing has never been better than it was when I was doing that course.

Misael - regular intermediate/advanced rueda classes.

Everybody - more salsa at times when normal people with day jobs can go. How about Sunday afternoon salsa? It works in London and Paris.

No more new dances. To keep dancing all night in La Tasca you need to know salsa, bachata, merengue, reggaeton, kizomba/lambaba zouk/samba gafeira - I don't have time to learn any of the last three, I'd rather get better at the ones I can already do.

No comments: