Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Moe Flex at Walkabout

Well that was fun. Got there in time for the second (intermediate to advanced rueda) class. The dance floor is huge, as was the class, with women outnumbering men about two or three to one. Large contingent from Bristol. Not the most useful rueda class ever, not because of the teaching but because of its size and the level of some participants. Moe asked people who didn't know the key moves to drop out but I don't think anybody did. Also when there was music it was too loud to hear the calls. But I still managed to learn one new move (prima loca) - and he didn't catch me out with 'mentira' once :)

I enjoyed the free dancing. My Cuban dancing is pretty limited, but it's OK by Cardiff standards and went down pretty well. There was a bit too much reggaeton too early on for me - though a lot of people seemed to be enjoying it, and Moe's funky lineups were cool. All in all a good turnout, and I had the best time I've had out dancing for a while, despite having to leave by 11. Looking forward to the next one.

I won't make dancing the rest of this week or the weekend as I'm working in Liverpool. Sunny at the moment but the forecast is terrible.

No comments: